Monday, September 9, 2013

First letter from the MTC

Dear Familia,

How are you?  First, Mom I forgot to say thank you for the amazing lunch!  I can’t tell you how much I miss your food and just you.  I miss you all a lot!  These first couple of days have been packed but so, so hard! The classes are intense, but it’s mostly been hard adjusting.  Especially,  when I go outside and hear the BYU bells ringing or see the mountains.  Thank you all so much for the book you made me and your testimonies.  They have helped me a lot.  My companion is Elder Ramirez and he is also going to Mexico, as are the two other roommates I have.  The other two are going to Reynosa, like me.  My brain is numb with how much they are trying to cram into it, but today we learned to pray in Spanish which was fun. This is definitely the hardest thing I will have done so far.  I’ve seen a couple of people I know and tell Austin that Sarah Kimball says hi. I know God calls missionaries for a reason and that through Him others can come unto Him and receive eternal life.  Prayer is truly one of the best ways to stay close to Heavenly Father.  I found out I’ll be staying for 6 weeks instead of two, which is okay since I really need a lot of practice with the gospel and the language.  I’m trying to talk and read in Spanish and much as I can.  I really love you all so much and am so happy I can call you family!  Dad, thank you so much for the scriptures you wrote in the book! They helped me last night so much. (D&C 103:36, Moroni 8:3, D&C 4).  My p-day is on Wednesday so hopefully this gets there before then so I can get an email from you guys.  I know I am in your prayers and know that you are in mine.  This is basically just a letter letting you know I’m doing fine, just a little stressed and missing you guys.  Thank you for all your wonderful examples and be safe! Tell Maximous Decimous Maridious I said hi and take him up the canyon for a run for me. Love you all. The gospel is true! Good luck Austin, Hayden, and Shaylie with school and all the other activities you guys are doing.  Thanks mom and dad for being my heroes! You’ve always been there for me and loved me no matter what.

I Love You!
Elder Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment